Friday, April 4, 2008

Re: Council can't agree on new policy - April 3, 2008

Read article here

To the editor of the Sudbury Star,
(Published April 7, 2008)

I was appalled at some of Council's comments in this article. Councillor Dupuis asks the question, "The only thing they could hang us for was freaking tickets? " No sir. Personally, I think you could be hung for Council's lack of effecting an improvement in road conditions, among other things. (The editor altered this sentence thusly: "No sir. I think you (have responsibility for) the lack of improvement in road conditions, among other things." I guess they thought hanging seemed a tad harsh, even though Councillor Dupuis brought it up first.) The ticket affair merely shows this council's disdain for the taxpayers who elected them and a misguided sense of their place in the political sphere of things.

Thanks to the Sudbury Star and the whistle blower for shining a light into places our elected officials would rather leave dark. I had hoped the new auditor would improve transparency at City Hall, but having them report to this Council will be like having the fox in charge of the hen house.

Councillor Dupuis, I read the Sudbury Star and I vote. Every time.

No comments: